Monday, January 3, 2011

Marine Sgt. Garrett Misener


Two days after Christmas I found out that Garrett, a guy I had known from my youth group, was killed in Afghanistan by an IED. I knew him a little through other friends. One of my good friend's husband was Garrett's childhood best friend. I know many others also who are profoundly shaken up by the death of this amazing guy. Please keep the family and friends of Garrett in your prayers today and all this week.


A memorial service is being held today at 2, then his body will be laid to rest in New Mexico at the end of this week.


Read the article here from today's Commerical Appeal in Memphis, TN

4 comments:

Candace said...

I saw you post the article on fb so then I blogged about it and now that I'm reading your blog today I realize I basically blogged the same thing. Sorry!

Rachel said...

no reason to apologize! I didn't see yours until after I posted mine - so I may have been the one to "copy" you...

Maria said...

Still a great story either way. He lived down the street from me growing up. Keep praying for all of those who are fighting over there so we don't have to fight here!

Shelby said...

So thankful for his service to our country and to have learned so much about the kind of man he was. I'm lifting up all who knew and loved him, even tangentially, because a man of his character is definitely going to be missed.

Love you, Rachel.