Monday, April 4, 2011

Ever have one of those epiphany moments? I had that this morning. Life has been a crazy roller coaster since we got married and I have developed a habit of stress eating. When I'm overwhelmed, I eat. When I'm stressed out, I eat. When I'm tired, I eat. When I'm happy and carefree eating is the furthest from my mind though! So, I'm taking control of this out of control eating I've been doing. It's taken the weight 2.5 years to come, and hopefully it won't take nearly that long to leave! Today is a new day. Today, I start trying to lose weight - no more talking about it along with my other dreams. Nope. Today I become the manager of my kitchen and tell my stress eating to hit the road. I'm not keeping track of my actual weight. I'll be keeping track of how my clothes fit. I want to be a size 8 again which would put me probably around 140ish pounds. I'll be keeping a food/calorie diet and will work out either in our weight room or by riding my bicycle 6 days a week. Here's hoping I succeed!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Not that you asked but,... :)

Surrender your eating habits and weight to God. One day at a time - ask Him to help you make right choices at meal time.

Renee

Maria said...

You can do it!
Phil. 4:13