Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Truth

Last night Andy and I were talking. Reed was asleep and we were catching up on our day. One conversation led to another and we started talking about comparison. It's easy to look at other mom's Facebook pages, Pinterest pinnings, and blogs and feel like I'm subpar. It's easy for me to feel like I'm lagging behind in the whole motherhood department since I have only 13 days of experience with babies - not just mine, but total! Andy assured me that these other women don't have it all together either. I asked why more people didn't just shoot straight and put it out there honestly. And thats when he gave me truth and a new perspective.

Remember in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve had just sinned? What did they do? They took fig leaves and sewed them together and clothed themselves. They were trying to cover their mess. And thats what we do when we paint a picture to the world that we have it all together. We're trying to cover our mess.

I want this blog to be a place where the ugliness of my journey as a mom is shown as well as the moments of pure bliss where things run smoothly. I want people to see that any good in me as a person, wife, and mom is straight from the Lord and on my own I'm a harried mess.

So who's with me? Lets take off the fig leaves and quit trying to cover up the messiness. Lets embrace life honestly and in doing so encourage one another that we're in this thing called life together.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm right there with ya! You can count me in on sharing the blissful and messy moments as they come! Love ya! (PS: The new blog design looks great!)