Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wide awake

It's 3:30 am and I can't sleep. I'm tossing and turning. Maybe it's the wind, or the trains, or maybe it's that my brain won't shut off. I keep thinking about Reed and hearing phantom cries (hate that!), or thinking of my friends who have lost loved ones or have family members on hospice, or just thinking my alarms about to go off even though it still has hours to go before it will really sound. And in these moments - the ones of restlessness and sleepy sleeplessness I'm so thankful for a God who watches over me and neither slumbers nor sleeps. He is in control of all, so I will rest my weary head and try to sleep knowing He doesn't need me right now - He's got this

1 comments:

Shelby said...

Amen, sweet sister. And I hope He has since granted you much peaceful rest. Love you