Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I apologize for not writing for the past week, but life has been a little crazy. Monday I started my new job at CARD - the Center for Autism and Related Disabilites. I'm the Program Assistant which means I do a lot of administrative stuff in order to allow everyone else to provide support to individuals, families, professionals, and teachers, etc. It's a great resource for anyone in Florida who is looking for support groups or help aids for individuals with autism and related disabilities, and the individuals' families. Great stuff!

Tonight at church went amazing! Andy blew it out of the water tonight and the kids seemed to really be paying attention! This is a great answer to prayer, since he's really been trying to figure out where our students are, and meet them there. Tonight he talked to them about finding your self-worth in Christ and focused on how we each are a valuable part of the Body of Christ. Great message!

After that the students went out to play belly bumper soccer! If you don't know what that is, our church has these huge inflatable innertubes (they're about 3 ft high) that have handles. You slip the innertube over your head, hold on to the handles, and then attempt to play soccer without being able to see your feet or get within 3 ft of any other person without bumping them to the ground! Hysterical!!

Saturday I will be going scalloping for the first time ever! Wish me luck as I'm not a huge fan of snorkeling (They usually result in me having a panic attack) but I am going to give it another shot. My dad-in-law is taking me and Andy out on his friend's boat and the 4 of us are going to hopefully catch a lot of scallops! Yum!

0 comments: