Monday, August 24, 2009

It seems like its inescapable. When you're seriously dating someone, you get asked when you'll get married. If you date long enough, everyone around you seems to get married before you. It's the same with babies...

Today I had a conversation with a friend. She just had a baby and said I should have one soon! Then, about 2 hours later I had a friend call and say she's having a baby. It all seems so crazy...too soon! I haven't been married a full year yet! We don't even have a house yet! Andy's only been at our church for 6 months now. Way too soon. I say this, all the while praying God is hearing me say I want to wait.

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for a little Schelb running around...in several years! Just not now. Anyway, the conversations today freaked me out so I thought I'd share...

2 comments:

Maria said...

ha ha. yeah that's all I have to say

Rachel said...

people will always ask and will always tell you that you should hurry up and have them. wait until you're both ready. if God chooses to give you a baby before that time, He'll make you ready...

we waited 3 years and LOVED that time alone together and now we couldn't be happier to have our little lady here with us. I wouldn't do it any differently. you'll know when it's the right time. I basically did a 180 from being totally freaked out about it to just being ready. =)