Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tobymac's new single City on our knees is...

I've been a die-hard tobymac fan forever now it seems. Ever since I first heard him rap w/ dctalk.

Tobymac's new single can be listened to on youtube. I'm not sure I like it. Sounds too pop to me. BRING BACK THE HIP HOP. For a guy who prides himself on a "gumbo-style" of many different types of music, this is bland and very unoriginal. If he's making his whole album like this...I might be extremely disappointed. It doesn't sound like him. Is he trying to be Ne-yo? Sounds a little backstreety or ushery. I mean I don't mind a ballad...but very un-Toby. Still great message though. Just lame song. I'm so very disappointed. This cut doesn't even sound like it belongs on Supernatural. I just hope it's not how his album is. Previous singles have been bright and loud. This song makes the song Atmosphere sound like a heavy metal anthem. I've given it a chance. I've listened to it 3 times. It usually only takes me 8 bars to be thrilled by a tobymac song.

You can decide for yourself. I'd be interested to hear your feedback...


I really have no idea where he's going with this. As far as touring this song goes, I'm sure it will be during a slow set replete with disco balls and people sobbing their faces off. The hook is catchy, but it doesn't make the song good.

Looks like I can wait till February when the new album drops. I hope he gives us another single to counterbalance this awful one.

0 comments: