Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thrift Store Shopping at it's Finest


You never know what you'll get when you head to the thrift store. It's always an adventure! I always enjoy perusing the vintage vinyl section, as I'm very into records. My wife usually doesn't search through them so much. Especially when we were in Memphis, because she said I already had more than I needed. : ) Today was different, I was somewhat ambivalent. I joined her in flipping through a stack. We found an old Stevie Wonder one that was awful. [the cover made him look terrible, lets just say if he could have seen it, he wouldn't have picked that photo.] Record bins always have some staples, albums or groups you can always find. Dolly Parton, Elton John, Peter, Paul, and Mary, Burt Bacharach, and Kenny Rogers. They were all there. Rachel was able to find one of her favorite singers, Carole King. The album is simply titled,
Music. It's actually a pretty good record. Though we're still only on side A. Vinyl seems to have a way of transporting someone to another time and place. I really dig them. I have tons of records and enjoy the popping, the hissing, there's something special about vinyl that is lost on most of my generation. And the fact that you can get the whole album for a buck, compared to 99 cents per song, is also a plus.


That however was not our most significant find. No we stumbled onto something far greater. I walked Rachel over to the section where they had the kids halloween costume. As a joke, seriously, I was only kidding, I asked her to try on the Mrs. Potts costume. You know, the teapot from the animated movie, Beauty and the Beast. Well, she took me up on the offer, and to my surprise, she loved it. She is super excited about it. In my head I was thinking, I'll get her to put on this costume, look ridiculous, take some funny pics for facebook, and that will be the end of it.

Boy, was I wrong. She really wanted to get it! She's planning on wearing it to her office Halloween party, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party @ Walt Disney World, anytime there is a need for a costume, she'll wear it! I hope for her sake she has lots of opportunities to wear it. It's not everyday you find a teapot costume in your size. I've included a few photos for your amusement.





Me and Mrs. Potts something I never thought I would blog about! I never thought we'd own a Mrs. Potts Costume.

0 comments: