Sunday, October 11, 2009

Carl Fredricksen

Did you like most of the world see Disney Pixar's UP!? The main character is a charming old fellow named Carl Fredricksen. I'm trying to plan what pumpkin design I'm going to carve this year. I'm pretty excited about it and thought it'd be neat to carve Carl's face on a pumpkin. Searching for images brought me across this site. Cubeecraft.com has a huge selection of paper craft toys. I'm not sure how much of a toy they are, but they are still pretty neat. They feature everything from an old school nintendo, to Conan O'Brien and even R2-D2.


I decided to print out Carl as soon as I saw him. In the film he's a pretty boxy fellow, so I thought he leant himself to this design. I'd never done a papercraft before, and it was pretty fun. I wish we had cardstock here @ the house...he would have been much much easier to put together. I was able to complete him in the time it took me to re-watch the wedding episode of the Office, which was about an hour. There's a Quarter in the pics for perspective and scale. It was a random thing to do, but I'm glad I did! Let me know what you think!



And if you decide to make one...be sure to post a link in the comments. I wanna see it!

0 comments: