Sunday, November 22, 2009

9 months, 1 week, an 2 days. That's how long I've been a Floridian. It's crazy to think that I've lived here for so long. Things haven't been like I thought. Some things have been much, much better than I imagined.


We have a student ministry that, although very very different than my pre-conceived notions, is unbelievable! I can't wait to see all the ways God uses these teens for the Kingdom! We see God's hand in so many areas of our lives. And I've finally found a job that I LOVE! My co-workers are incredible and truly value me as a vital part of their team!

Many things have been very different that I'd thought.

I would have thought that in 9 months, I'd have some girlfriends to be able call and meet for Starbucks. I imagined that I would have an older woman or 2 that would mentor me and teach me. I thought I would be able to be a part of a Women's Ministry and share my passion for teaching with others. I thought I'd feel comfortable by now with the city, and know where fun restaurants and all the Wal-marts in a 30 mile radius were - like I did in Memphis. I thought a lot of things. I guess I thought that 9 months was enough time to feel comfortable. Apparently, it takes a bit more time than

9 months, 1 week, and 2 days.

0 comments: