Thursday, December 31, 2009

In the past 10 years (in no real order)...


N'Sync was popular
We survived Y2K
Bellevue lit the 3 crosses
Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilera were replaced by Lindsey Lohan and Miley Cyrus
Bush became president instead of Gore after a 36-day wait
Anthrax was a huge scare
So was SARS & Swine flu
The towers fell
32 died at Virginia Tech
We went to war
Pope Benedict XVI replaced Pope John Paul II
The DC Sniper made the headlines
The space shuttle Columbia disintegrated
Schwarzenegger become Governor of California
Facebook began (in 2004 which was my senior year of college...seems like so long ago now)
Princess Diana died
So did Mother Teresa
Katrina caused extensive damage
The economy has majorly slumped
Union University was torn apart by a major tornado
Obama became our first bi-racial president (I refuse to say he's black since he is part white)
Chris Brown beat up Rhianna
The Dalai Lama visited Memphis
Mayor Herenton is no longer the mayor of Memphis!!
The Memphis fairgrounds are no more
I graduated from high school and college
I moved out on my own
I got married and moved 14 hours away from where I grew up
I've had 7 jobs (the past 2 years were a little rough on the resume)
I dyed my hair for the first time
I consequently have dyed my hair a bajillion times since then and cut my hair in a variety of cuts - -including some less than flattering ones
I got a tattoo
I sang a solo (check that off the old bucket list)
I've run 2 5k's

and i'm sure there's lots more! How were the past 10 years for you? What do you remember?

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!



0 comments: