Monday, April 12, 2010

Saturday I "ran" the Aflac Iron Girl 15K. I actually walked more of it than I ran, but I finished at that's a feat in itself! It was a crazy experience - going up and down a HUGE bridge stretching from downtown Clearwater to the beach TWICE, running with thousands of other women (no men allowed at this race), barely beating these 2 ancient power-walking women, and averaging a 14 minute mile despite having my knees and hips popping enough to make Orville Redenbacher happy.
Would I do it again? Not sure...but definitely not if I have to run over that bridge again! However, I still want to run a half marathon, and plan to by this January.

This made 6 races for me since last August when I started running/walking. 5 this year! That means only 3 left to meet my goal - and I've already got one planned for May. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures from the race...enjoy...

Andy made me a sign to cheer me on!
My bib and my finisher's medal
The amazing group of women (minus a couple) who ran with me!
The flip side of the sign said "You look quack-tastic!"


And last but not least, here's a bit of video of me about to cross the finish line - Andy was so excited that he cut the video off before I actually crossed...but it was ok, since he met me at the line with the biggest hug!

0 comments: