Monday, September 30, 2013

The smallest-yet chosen

“The Lord did not set his heart on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other nations, for you were the smallest of all nations! Rather, it was simply that the Lord loves you, and he was keeping the oath he had sworn to your ancestors. That is why the Lord rescued you with such a strong hand from your slavery and from the oppressive hand of Pharaoh, king of Egypt. (Deuteronomy 7:7, 8 NLT)


How exciting that in a world full of junk we are chosen!? In a world where cancer sucks and death is a dbag, God is bigger than it all. I heard today of another loss that came to people I know. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of death and illness and grief and bad days and all of it. I'm tired of Satan and his lies. BUT! God has rescued us! His strong hand is lifting us up from this all! One day, we will experience the fullness of this rescue, but today I rest knowing I'm chosen. My problems may be big or they may be the smallest of things...irregardless I've been rescued and chosen by the Almighty! 

0 comments: