Tuesday, April 8, 2014

adventure!


I'm not one to really call myself an adventurer. I don't have a desire to climb mountains, swim with sharks or even travel the globe, but I do have a desire to explore two-land roads, and take less-traveled paths in the woods. Maybe I don't those are the adventures. To look for the simple opportunities that others may miss..


It may not seem like much of an adventure, but tomorrow I begin a new job. I've begun new jobs before. I've worked since I was 14 and have held 6 jobs during that time - some of the time working two jobs. But tomorrow, is a brand new environment for me! Tomorrow, I start work in a hair salon.


For anyone who knows me, this is possibly humorous. I have two hairstyles - messy bun thing, or down. 4 if you include straight or curled with curling iron. I put my makeup on in the car, when I put it on. I've never understood the point of multiple makeup brushes (but I'm willing to listen!) and I prefer comfy over put together every day.


So to realize that I'm about to start work in a hair salon where my hair must be styled, makeup done, and dressed cute and fashionably (but all black) is quite an adventure for me! It's the first time I won't have my own desk or cubical. But I'm excited! Because it's also a chance for me to help build an already incredible salon into something more awesome! It's a chance to use my organizational, administrative skills so that the stylists can focus on their skills and together we can excel! I'm giddy to start and it's crazy! I'm thrilled that God is not limited to our boxes we create. I love that He thinks bigger and broader. I love that this is my new job - not because I sought it out, but because God ordained it all so perfectly that I can't help but imagine that something cool will come from this!


1 comments:

Maria said...

Yay for open doors and wearing one color. :)