Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Deuteronomy 1:6-8a

“When we were at Mount Sinai, the Lord our God said to us, ‘You have stayed at this mountain long enough. It is time to break camp and move on. Go to the hill country of the Amorites and to all the neighboring regions—the Jordan Valley, the hill country, the western foothills, the Negev, and the coastal plain. Go to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, and all the way to the great Euphrates River. Look, I am giving all this land to you! Go in and occupy it..."

I read this yesterday and it really spoke to me. Now, I know that this was God talking to the Israelites, but I sure feel like He was saying this to me...except trade out all the places to read Brandon, Tampa, Hillsborough County, and the beaches of St. Pete.

Maybe I should back track and explain myself. In April I got a job after a month and a 1/2 of looking once moving here. Its with a non-profit organization and I totally support the work that we do! We're definitely impacting and changing lives. However, we are federally funded and will most likely lose that funding the end of September. So I find myself frustrated. I just moved here; I barely know the city at all and I just got a job not too long ago. My longevity on my resume has gone to the dogs, and it aggravates me. Needless to say, I've been questioning God about what He wants me to do. In the next couple of weeks I should have a meeting about an exciting opportunity. (If something comes of it, I'll talk about it...if not, it's my little secret)

Ok, back to the Scripture and tying this post together...

In trying to figure out why my life is still in turmoil and has yet to settle down, these verses hit home! I think I just like the bluntness of it all. "You have stayed on this mountain long enough. It is time to break camp and move on." I mean, that's some clarity! Reading this it was as if God was telling me, this season is coming to an end, and you need to move on. I think I've been trying to keep things stable and I just need to look forward and move on. Then in verse 8 it says, "Look, I am giving all this land to you! Go in and occupy it..." Especially regarding my potential upcoming meeting, I find this thrilling. I'm praying that this means that God truly is giving us Brandon and the surrounding areas. "Greater things are still to be done in this city!" And I love the strong command to go in and occupy. God has a plan for me and even though I may not really see it fully, I have to break camp and move on - I have to go in and occupy the place that God is giving me.

I appreciate your prayers and I try to figure out my next step...



0 comments: