Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CTRL




So I just found this show on Hulu the other day[using the hulu desktop app {which is fabulous by the way! you should most def download it!}] and I really like it. So far it only has 10 webisodes I call them that because of their length. They were produced by and it is pretty rad. I'm not sure how this one flew under the radar actually. Its star Tony Hale was in another show I liked called Arrested Development and the crazy football star from the show I hate to admit I ever watched, .



So the story follows a Stuart as an everyday office guy. Typical bland boring dude who until something fateful happens you don't get how cool he's going to be. Watching it on hulu might be really tough, because you have to watch the show after sitting through a 27 sec commercial for . Which at first blush might not seem so bad, but you have to watch the exact same commercial a total of 10 times [once per episode in the series]!


His numbskull boss throws a football in the office and that's when the fun begins. He knocks over Stuart's and it splashes onto his keyboard. It is unexplained how the keyboard gets the powers of time travel, but it works. The assistant tells him he can just press CTRL Z and it will undo his mistakes. Problem is when he hits CTRL Z he starts going back in time. One step for every keystroke.

You would think that this plot is limited, however it allows for some pretty interesting mayhem. I watched all 10 episodes and was really impressed that they didn't over do anything. It helps that because this is a digital medium that there is no form or time constraint it has to follow. Each episode is a different length. I really enjoyed this show. It had great acting, and superb creativity. I can't wait to find out what happens next. I sure hope they make more. It kind of reminds me of Dr. Horrible's sing-along-blog. Although this one isn't as over the top, it still isn't based in reality. Though all of it is plausible [minus the time-travel]. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Let me know what you thought in the comments. Good or bad. I'd like to know!






0 comments: