Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm still going strong on my weight loss quest. I've lost 1 1/2 pounds so that's good. I've worked out all but one day this past week and have done the ellipitcal machine, stairmaster, squats, situps, and laps in the pool. About the machines in our weight room at the complex. We have atypical ones. Our elliptical - not your typical namby-pampby one - no this one has a constant incline built in plus when you do the cross training it increases the incline so your pedaling at a good 60+degree angle! It's awesome - but intense! Our treadmill - it has a setting for 5K which is pretty awesome and a few other different setting that I've never seen a treadmill have before. And then we have what I call the Gazelle wanna-be Do you remember this guy - Tony Little? He had those wierd infomercials for the Gazelle. Well our machine is very similar...I love it! It's what I do the most - I just call it the elliptical for fear no one will know what I'm talking about :) It's zero impact to my knees so I can push myself hard and not worry about my knee popping out! In other news, I finally made a successful lemon cupcake. The other day I tried to make some and they were like lemon flavored softballs - way too dense and just ick! But after doing some research, I found out I had mixed it too much and released the gluten causing toughness...so I tried again this morning before work. I did try with a new recipe though for fear it had something to do with it. I was so excited when I peaked in and saw them rising up - no more softballs!!! Happy Friday

3 comments:

Annie said...

congrats on the weight loss!! And I've been meaning to tell you... I changed the url address of my blog to annie-simplify.blogspot.com :) thats prob why it hasn't been popping up.

Rachel said...

Thanks! And yes, that was the issue...now it comes up! yay!

Shelby said...

Hurray for you! You rock it, girl!