Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's a Boy!

We're going to be having a bouncing baby boy! I'm so excited to think our house will be full of legos, trucks, dinosaurs, robots, and all sorts of man-cub things! Our son will be named Reed Kevin. Reed after Andy's best friend. Kevin is Andy's middle name as well as his dad's middle name. And the initials are the same as Andy's dad. As if all this symbolism wasn't enough, he'll be the 4th generation of R. Schelb's :)

I'm so excited about our sweet little man! I can't wait to see the young man he will become. My prayer is that he'll grow to love the Lord with his whole heart. That he'll be someone who fights for justice and loves people. I pray that Reed will be kind, loyal, faithful, and trustworthy - the type of guy that everyone wants to be friends with and the type of man that a woman will desire for a husband. That Reed will be a leader, but know how to serve. That he'll be determined, yet always willing to listen to another viewpoint. That he'll be strong, yet sensitive when necessary. I pray all these things and more for our little one.

1 Samuel 1:27
I asked the LORD to give me this boy, and he has granted my request.

0 comments: