Friday, November 16, 2012

It's my time!

Who knows? Perhaps he will give you a reprieve, sending you a blessing instead of this curse...The Lord will reply, “Look! I am sending you grain and new wine and olive oil enough to satisfy your needs. You will no longer be an object of mockery among the surrounding nations...Don’t be afraid, my people. Be glad now and rejoice, for the Lord has done great things... Rejoice, you people of Jerusalem! Rejoice in the Lord your God! For the rain he sends demonstrates his faithfulness. Once more the autumn rains will come, as well as the rains of spring. The threshing floors will again be piled high with grain, and the presses will overflow with new wine and olive oil. The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts, the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts. It was I who sent this great destroying army against you. Once again you will have all the food you want, and you will praise the Lord your God, who does these miracles for you. Never again will my people be disgraced. Then you will know that I am among my people Israel, that I am the Lord your God, and there is no other. Never again will my people be disgraced.

Joel 2:14, 19, 21, 23-27

I try to be considerate of other's feelings, and for that reason I'm restraining myself to an extent to say all I wish to say. However, the other day I read these verses in Joel and instantly I felt my Spirit Man jumping up and down. Y'all...the past several years have had many many growing pains. The Lord has taught us, used us, disciplined us, strengthened us, and guided us through and in so many different situations. Some were caused by God, some were allowed by God - but either way, He was glorified. And now is my time. My time to choose to praise the Lord on this side of it all. To sing his praises and declare LOUDLY and boldly that The Lord is good - his faithfulness extends to all generations! He has indeed restored the years. We see it, even as we are just entering this new chapter. And yes, there will be more tears, and growing pains, throughout this new journey but we rejoice because we have tasted and seen once more that the Lord is good. 


1 Chronicles 16:9
Sing to him; yes, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds.

Psalm 40:3-4a 
He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord. Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord...

0 comments: