Monday, March 4, 2013

One of those days

Today is one of those days where I wonder if I will make it as a mother. It's one of those days where Reed seems to wonder if he'll survive as well! This little guy is such a precious SOCIAL ball of energy! However, I need to build a bookcase. So, I put Reed in his room, with all his toys. He's clean, fed, and should be fine. I'm no more than 10 feet away with only a baby gate separating us. But you would think by his screaming that he's dying.

I'm not super social. I don't thrive off people. But it appears I'm now out numbered in my own home :)

How in the world do I spend enough time with my social boy to make him happy and still get things done!?!? How do I walk the fine line of ignoring so he learns to play by himself some while still letting him know he's not alone or forgotten?

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Eli has days like that where he won't let me out of his sight then others where he plays for 30 minutes without even wondering where I am. Hang in there - he'll learn to play on his own! Sometimes I start playing with him and when he's good and content with a toy, boom, I disappear to do the dishes. Plus when he's older, you can throw some Cheerios on his high chair and you've got a good 20 minutes :)