Thursday, October 11, 2012

I am...

I am...
an introvert
a visual-learner
a lover of charts and graphs
a to-do list maker
neurotic at times
loyal (or at least I strive to be)
schnarky at times
a lover of laughter
a mother
a wife
a full-time employee
a baker
a fitness enthusiast with too little time to actually get enthused these days
a lover of most outdoor activities
imperfect
impatient
obstinate at times
moody far too often
over-achiever
over-committer

and so much more...

However,I see more and more these days that my identity doesn't matter. Because what matters, the only thing that matters, is I serve I AM. My imperfections, my hobbies, my personality - the good and the bad are overshadowed because I am loved by the Almighty God, Creator of the Universe who sent his only Son to die for me! And because of that, I can put to death my neurosis, my impatience, my schnarkiness, by to-do lists, and everything else and simply rest. Rest because of I AM, not because of who I am.

0 comments: